Leopard Loans are a program of the Temple College Foundation. They provide short-term, emergency loans to Temple College students with no fees and no interest.
Leopard Loans may be used only for tuition and fees, books, housing, utilities, certified childcare or other basic necessities. The following expenses are not eligible for Leopard Loan funding: medical bills, credit card payments, car payments, other existing debt, traffic tickets, legal fees, non-certified childcare, groceries, gasoline, rent money to individuals without a lease (parents, siblings, friends, etc.), or other expenses not determined as basic necessities by the application reviewer.
- Students must be in good standing with Temple College and currently enrolled or registered for classes.
- Students may apply for up to a $1,000 loan. Loans may be approved for the full amount, a partial amount or disapproved based on funding availability and demonstrated need.
- Students are not eligible for a new Leopard Loan if they have a current Leopard Loan balance outstanding, regardless of the amount.
- Loans are due prior to the conclusion of the current academic semester unless explicitly communicated in writing otherwise.
- Loans approved for tuition and fees will be paid directly to Temple College.
- Loans approved for books will be paid directly to the Temple College Bookstore.
- Loans approved for housing at the University Courtyard Apartments will be paid directly to the University Courtyard Apartments.
- Loans approved for other eligible expenses will be paid directly to the student via ACH (if established) or check. Checks must be picked up in person at the Temple College Business Office by the student. Only the applicant may pick up their check, and a Temple College Student ID is required to retrieve the check. Students must submit a receipt showing proof of payment of the funded expense within one week of funding received. Failure to do so will disqualify the student from receiving any future Leopard Loans.
All fields marked with asterisk (*) are required.