Your scholarship essay lets the selection committee get to know you beyond the grades.
Quick tips to help you write your scholarship essay
What makes a good essay? One that shows your background, experiences, ambitions and personality. It is your opportunity to make a strong and lasting impression. These tips can help.
- Make an outline to organize your thoughts.
- Create an essay with a strong introduction, followed by supporting arguments and an appropriate conclusion.
- Ask others for their feedback.
- Proofread the final version – more than once!
A good scholarship essay:
- Is original and honest
- Avoids unnecessary information
- Is inspirational and positive in tone
Watch the video for more tips on how to write a good essay.